The Precepts of the Church describe the minimum effort we must make in prayer and in living a moral life. As Catholics, we are called to move beyond this “baseline” by growing in love of God and love of neighbor. These Precepts are:
- Attendance at Mass on Sundays and Holy Days of Obligation
- Confession of serious sin at least once a year
- Reception of Holy Communion at least once a year during the Easter season
- Observance of the days of fast and abstinence, specifically:
- All Catholics ages 14-59 must fast between meals, unless there is a medical reason, on Fridays of Lent as well as Good Friday (and Ash Wednesday)
- All Catholics ages 14 and above must abstain from meat on all Fridays of Lent as well as Good Friday (and Ash Wednesday).
- Providing for the needs of the Church
We welcome you to join us in deepening your faith in our Catholic Community, no matter where you are on your life's journey!
Please join us at worship at any of our Masses, participate in any of our community outreach efforts, and/or contact us if you would like to become a Catholic, complete your sacraments, or simply have questions or need support. All are welcome!